This year's wrestling season is right around the corner! Time to get ready. Here's what you can do now to get more out of Takedown during the season:
- If you don't already have a Twitter account, get one now. It's free. Takedown supports automatic live score streaming to Twitter. This one's a no-brainer if you're interested in keeping your fans informed and engaged. Do it or ask a parent or athlete for help.
- Learn how to use Takedown with an external scoreboard. Takedown generates scoreboard content automatically from your scoring activity, no need for a separate scoreboard operator! Inexpensive, accurate and easy. Another no-brainer.
- If you're a coach, train someone else on using Takedown. Recruit a student or parent, or train your team manager.
- Now's a good time to pick up an iPad or iPad mini at a reasonable price. We found a new iPad mini for $199 at a big box retailer last week!
- Gather up last year's paper score books and enter match scoring data for returning athletes. You and your athletes will have a detailed, objective and comprehensive view of last year's performance. Use this data to set concrete and specific goals for the upcoming season for the team and each athlete.
- Setup your new Season. Enter your Schedule and edit your Roster by removing non-returning wrestlers and adding new athletes.
- Look for a new Takedown release later in September. This release features exciting new capabilities in scoring, stats and fan engagement.
Good Luck this Season, Team Takedown