The upcoming wrestling season is almost here. Don't wait until the last minute to get ready. If you want to get the most from Takedown Scoring and Stats this season, here's what you should be doing now on social media:
- Facebook -- if you don't have a Fan page for your team, get one. Click here to start.
- Twitter -- if you don't have a Twitter account for your team, get one. Click here to start.
- Set up your Facebook and Twitter accounts on your iPad. Click here for setting up Twitter and click here for setting up Facebook.
- In Takedown Scoring and Stats, go to the Social section and enable Twitter and Facebook so that your match scoring is automatically posted to your Facebook and Twitter followers.
- Think about your custom hashtags. #pinemtowinem? #LIONSvsHAWKS?
- Also in the Social section, register your Team for Takedown LIVE.
Make sure your fans -- parents, former athletes, teachers, aunt and uncles, etc. -- know about your social media presence. An email blast might do the trick or a hand-out at the parent meeting. Let them know they'll be able to follow live action on your Facebook, Twitter and Takedown LIVE. Ask one of your managers or maybe a parent volunteer to build up your followers on social media.
There aren't many leverage points in running a wrestling program. This is one of them. With just a small amount of up-front effort, you can create a zero-cost, persistent and informative presence on social media. Get this done now and it will pay dividends during the season.
For more information about Takedown Scoring and Stats and social media, see our FAQ.